The 10 golden rules for my transition
Dear Mom and Dad,
- As I start day care, you can help me the most by telling me at home what all awaits me at my day care centre.
- It is important that you are convinced that going to day care is good for me.
- At the beginning, it will reassure me if I know that you will stay with me during this time.
- I want to decide on my own, when and who I want to play with. Maybe I need some time to watch the other children first and get used to the new environment.
- When you leave, be honest with me: Telling me the truth is better than raising false hopes.
- Even if I cry, please keep the goodbyes short – I will certainly be comforted!
- If you are worried, just call the day care centre 10 minutes later. I’ll probably have already been playing for a while by then.
- If I’m not doing well, my teachers will call you.
- So that I can settle in well, it is important that I go to the day care centre regularly. If there are interruptions – especially during the first days – I have to start getting used to it all over again.
- If I feel comfortable at the day care centre and want to keep playing, that means I have taken a step forward in life, but not a step away from you – I love you just as much as before!